Monday, December 17, 2012

Quite a day.   I got up at 6AM so that I could be all ready for the day.  

I had a PT appointment at 8:15AM.   That went well, I guess.   I am not seeing much change in the pain yet.   I told Dara, I will have the strongest sore arm in town soon.

Then I stopped at Walgreens for a prescription and some toothpaste on my way to Bible Study.   It was a very nice study, our last until next year.   That always seems funny to say.   We started with our prayer and petitions first.   I was able to thank them all for all the prayers that have been showering heaven about Dick and me.  We then discussed the terrible tragedy in Connecticut.   Something like that always hits right in the heart.   It is hard to understand and we know there are never answers.   I am so impressed with the heroes of that day and feel that heaven really got a dose of beauty and innocence, all in one morning.  All those beautiful children.   Poor Moms and Dads.

Then I hurried home and gathered my food for the Cream City Writers Christmas lunch.   Beverly invited us to her home, we did pot luck.   It was SO good and so good to be with my friends.  It has been at least three months since I could go to the meetings.    Too much time away from Dick.   I had arranged for care during all of my club's parties.   Now that he is at Rocky Knoll, I was able to go to this one anyway.   Last week, when he was in the hospital, I skipped two of them.  I read my Christmas poem and the poem about the Trees that I wrote when they destroyed them in back of the condo to make way for the railroad.    I got a sweet candy dish full of candy for my gift.

Next, I dropped Kate at home and then drove out to Rocky Knoll.   Dick is extremely tired and somewhat confused.   I know that lot of it is due to the infection in his body but just wish he would start eating and that thick water is going to be a real problem if he has to continue with it.   He keeps telling me to bring ice and has "suggested" seriously that it is my fault that he is getting the thick water.  I stayed until he had dinner, such as it was, and then came home.   He is still only eating a few bites of things.   He did drink all of his tomato juice tonight.

So that was the day.   I am calling Dr. Sharon in the morning and plan on being at Rocky Knoll at about 9AM.   Hopefully in time for therapy. 

So keep on praying.   As I said, I am about out of strength myself and I know that it is all the prayers that are keeping me going and will bring the answers we need to make Dick well.

Time for bed now.    Just think, in one more week it will be Christmas Eve.

Dia Dhuit

Mary










No comments: