Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I have spoken to most of my readers at some time today.  There may some of you, however, that do not know that my husband, Dick, passed away last night at Rocky Knoll.  

I was there.   I was asleep on a cot next to his bed when he also fell asleep and went on into forever.   He had been failing and when he contracted the pneumonia and a reoccurance of the UTI sent him into a spin that he never recovered from.   He had practically stopped eating and I was so afraid.   For good reason it seems.  His face was so peaceful.   No more distress, or pain or worry.   It was hard for me to kiss his sweet face for the very last time.    But I know that he is no longer in pain or confused or depressed.    He is still with me and always will be.

Thank all of my friends and family for all the prayers and love that have held us up these past years. 

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: