Monday, December 31, 2012


I can't believe that it is New Years Eve already.     The end of 2012 is down to the last  5 hours.   There is something about the beginning of a new year that provides the feeling of new beginning.  Perhaps this is my gift.    Starting new at the beginning a a new year.   Wow.    Dick would be so proud of me.

Had the nicest call from Jim and Michelle yesterday.   We were able to review the funeral.   They knew most but it was good to share with them.  Bart and Barb have the funeral folder and an obituary for him. Also his and Michelle's name tags.    So sad they did not come but the weather just got away from them.   Jim and I were talking about Zero - how he used to wait for me at the door when the guys got home first, no matter how long.    I have this vision of Dick crossing that Rainbow Bridge and having this swarm of critters run to greet him.  I can see Zero greeting him and then going back to the bridge and sitting to wait, all the time glancing back at Dick as if to say,  "OK.   where did you leave her?" 

Jim and Michelle have been having some difficulties too.    Hope that this New Year turns the tables for us all.

I drove to Sheboygan Falls to see Mother today.   I brought her lunch.   We had Barb's Goulash with mashed potatoes and an apple salad with a pumpkin cupcake for dessert.    Got all the bills paid and the pills in the box.   We had a really good visit.   We now share the missing of our guys.   I am grateful for her courage and hope I can be as brave.

I got home in time to take a nap before it was time for Mass.   A lovely Mass.  I sat with my friend Ceil.    She is one of the bank ladies.    I will start meeting for lunch with them at the Dairy Queen on Fridays again.

Tomorrow I get to be home all day.   My cousin Chris and her husband Ron are stopping by sometime during the day.  It will be good to have a visitor.   Ron makes wine and will be taking some of the leftover wind jugs and bottles.   Then the rest will go in the trash because Bobbie already took all she wants.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

Dia Dhuit


Mary


 "For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice."
  T. S. Eliot

No comments: