Saturday, November 03, 2012

Today was a lost day.     Dick had to get up at 3:45AM, so I, of course, went back to bed.   He fed our Roxie cat and I did not get up until after 8:30AM.   The only reasons I got up were guilt and hunger.   Dick needed his meds and some attention.   We had breakfast and then Dick napped.   I laid on the couch and read my book.

By noon, we were ready for lunch.  We had Mac and Cheese with cauliflower and cranberry relish for lunch.   Then I laid down on the couch and slept until 3:00PM.   I woke up feeling like all the aches had at least receded for a while.

Heather arrived at 3:30PM  and and I headed to Mass.   A lovely Mass talking about the greatest Commandments.   The first comes from the Old Testament which was read in the first reading.  Deuteronomy 6:2-6.  Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.

Jesus, the good Jew that he was, quoted that and added. And love your neighbor as yourself for the love of God.

When I went up for communion I asked Jesus to do some curing as long as he was inside me.

We had pizza for supper and probably will go to bed early.   Tomorrow, thank God, is another quiet day.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: