Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Not a bad night.   Only had to get up once during the early hours of the morning.   Of course, that does not include pesky Rosie trying to get me up shortly after 5PM.   I had to get up at 6AM anyway.   Heather came at 7AM to take care of Dick from 7 to 10.   Of course --- Dick had to get up at 6:30AM so I ended up getting him partly dressed so that I could take care of his needs and we could ease an achy back.  

I left shortly after 7AM so that I could do the grocery shopping before my haircut appointment at 9AM.   The hairdresser that I have had since we moved to Plymouth, Jessica, has gotten a full time job with a bank and is no longer doing hair.   I am trying the new owner, Terry.   I like her and it seems that she has done a good job.  

Home again, I had a sleepy husband all day.   Dick took two naps.   One this morning and one this afternoon.   We had ham, beans, Brussels Sprouts and salad for our lunch.    Good ham.  I just bought a steak as I didn't want a ton of it and we will have at least one more meal out of that steak.

One of Bret's friends, who I knew as a little girl, posted a ton of pictures on Facebook, several of my Bret.   I loved it.

For some reason, I was thinking of dogs that have meant the most to me through the years.   The ones that will be waiting beyond the Rainbow Bridge.   I can list,   Chip, Clancy 1, Clancy 2,  Spook, Tara, Zero and Chelsea.   There are a few in there that I loved but may not remember me.  Beau and Buddy.  Buddy we gave to a friend that adored him.  Beau died, sick with hip displacia.   Anyway, I expect to be tackled by sweet puppies and licked and welcomed with joy when I pass into the other world.   I cannot believe that they will not be there.   Tomorrow I will list the cats.

Dia Dhuit

Mary





Jimmy Breslin said that writers used to go to the bar to listen to old-timers tell stories, but now "they all go to health clubs and then go home. They're in fantastic health, but they wish they were in the bar, and their wives wish they were in the bar, too."

No comments: