Thursday, October 18, 2012


A mixed day for me.   Roxie let me sleep until 6:05AM.  This is a milestone as she is often telling me at 5:15AM or so that she feels that I should be feeding her.

As I wanted to be up this morning,  (Kay from Embrace was here at 7:30AM). I was a bit disappointed om her.   But this was way close enough.  I was able to get everything I needed to do before Kay got here.

While Kay was here, I zipped over to Walgreens to stock up on some supplies and to pick up three prescriptions.  I believe that if I did not show up for a week,  Walgreens would send the emergency crew to find out if we were all right.

We had to be at Joseph and Joseph for Dick's dental visit.  He is still doing well.   I don't know if you all know this but we both still have all our teeth but one.   We have root canals but only one tooth each had to be removed.   Our dentists tell us that we are doing a great job.   Brushing, flossing and general care.   Yea for us.

We were home at about 11:30AM.  We had mac and cheese for lunch and then took a nap.

This has been a quiet afternoon.  I got a call from a friend, Jana Hertz to tell me how to get in touch with a family that used to live next door to my first husband and me when our children were all young.   Michael(Chip) and Bret were born the same year.   I have thought of Joyce,the mother, often in these recent years and now have connected with Mark, the older son, and hope to reconnect with Joyce.   Our sons, Chip (Michael) and Bret were like brothers when they were little boys.

Dick is in bed.  It is only 7:30PM but I think I will take advantage of it and go to bed too.  This was a painful day for me and perhaps some extra rest will help the healing.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: