Friday, October 19, 2012

A dreary rainy day today.   I don't know if it was enough to help the water table but I don't want to water any more. 

We had a 'show" outside the windows today.  They finally came and pulverized the trees that were cut down for the coming of the railway.    It was a spectacular as the killing of the trees was.   There were two big machines.    One of them picked up most of the trees, the ones that had branches it seemed, and shoved them into its craw and spit out the remains of them along the old tracks.  The other big machine picked up the big logs and took them down to the ends of the road.  They were again done in ONE day.

I still have a pretty clear desk as I have been able to almost keep up with things.  I called a couple of people about CWI stuff and cleared up emails.

I also have become "friends" on Facebook with my old friend Joyce and her son Mark.   This weekend I will email them to catch up a bit.

Bret called tonight too.  He was checking on his Grandma.   I am so glad that I am able to tell him how well she is doing.    He also mentioned a friend of his who was injured early this week in a motorcycle accident.   He has severe head injuries and they still don't know if he will make it.  Pray for Bret's friend, Lance.

I shot pistol league tonight also.  My arm and ribs are pretty sore, BUT I shot pretty well anyway.   That was a relief.   Perhaps I can get my score up a bit before the end of league.   I had a nice visit the Nancy Roehre and Nancy and Jerry Coenen.   Jerry said he will clean my gun for me next week.   I don't like to take it apart because I have trouble getting it back together.  I do clean all the exposed surfaces and all the spots I can get to with rags and q tips and stuff. 

Home again, Dick was in bed already, but he seems restless.  I think it is going to be a goofy night.   Good thing tomorrow is a quiet day.   All I have is Mass at 4PM.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

A small haiku

Heavy lies my soul
I dream of flying way up
Beyond the rainbow.

No comments: