Monday, August 20, 2012

Yesterday was quite the adventure.     You all now know an official member of the Ancient Order of Leprechauns.

Joan, Rosemary and I left for Milwaukee at about 8AM.  We arrived at the Summerfest grounds at about 9:15 AM.   In just the right time to find a good seat in the amphitheatre for the Irish Mass.   An Archbishop Malloy from the Rockford Diocese in Illinois was the celebrant.   He originally came from Milwaukee.   We were informed that this Mass each year is the second largest in attendence in the United States.   Wow.   It is a wonder to watch how efficiently they distribute communion to that many people. 

After the Mass, we had a snack and then I led them to the Gaeltech area for Jimmy Keane's concert.  It is such a pleasure to reconnect with old friends.   I thank heavens for Irish Fest.   I introduced myself to Mick Maloney at his lecture on the influence of Irish and African music on Hillbilly music.   Shortly after that, the rain came down.   It POURED.   Fortunately, I was in the Moore street Market and just stayed there until it stopped.

Next was the Theiss and OConnor concert in the SNUG.   Ran into Gail and Tom Mc Aleese there and assured her that the three of us, Rosemary, Joan and I would be there to march for CWI.

Good thing.   As it turned out, only the four of us were there.  But I had the banner and we marched proud.  Halfway through the march, it started to pour.   We put on our ponchos and braved it out.   We were right behind the dogs, Irish Wolfhouds, if you were there and missed us.

And we saw a rainbow.

The last concert I attended was Maloney, O Connell and Keane.  I got to see my friend, Robbie O Connell here,  Such a Joy.   Got to talk for a bit and send my love to Roxanne.

Then we grabbed another snack and headed home. 
It was my first long trip with the van.   A perfect time.  A nice long freeway drive with minimal traffic, so I could get used to it.   The gas mileage seems  great.

So I was home by 9:15PM.   Dick was waiting, as I expected.   I had hoped that he would be in bed and need me for his last procedure, but we had to get him to bed and then the caregiver left because it was past her time and I had to finish the prosthesis removal and all of that.   I do get discouraged.  Why do we have them is I have to do it anyway?   But of course, someone still needs to be with him when I am gone.   I just wish he would let them do some of the grunt work.

Today,  was a typical Monday.   Bible Study and a nice visit with Mother.

Bobbie, Dick and I had pizza for lunch.   Bobbie took all the bottles and jugs that she wants for making wine.   Now I will find homes for the rest of it.

We were home the rest of the day.  A nap and then this afternoon, a Patty Lehrer and Mimi Connery called me.   They are cousins on the Clifford side being my generation from Great Grandma MaryAnn Clifford Bowser's sister Bridget's family.   We are going to share a lot and I will hook them up with David Bowser.

Tomorrow we will be home all day.   In the evening when Kay gets here, I will go grocery shopping and to the drug store.

A whole day at home where I don't HAVE to be up by 6AM is a great bonus for me.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: