Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Boy, has this been a mixed day.  The night was not too bad but I did not get to sleep through.   I got up at 6AM because my first PT appointment was at 7:30AM at Aurora in Plymouth.   Heidi got here at 7AM so I was able to be there.    Jaren is my therapist.   He was Dick's therapist when we were doing therapy before he lost the first leg.  I hope this will help because there is no way I can accomplish the sure cure - which is doing nothing for 4 weeks or more so that I can heal.
 
I got some breakfast and went to the bank before I came home, and was here by 9:30AM. 

I spent the morning making potato salad for the Tall Grass Picnic that was in Lions Park tonight.  I also made some cole slaw and cleaned strawberries so my refrigerator is in order.   
We had the last of the chicken salad that I fixed yesterday for lunch.

 As the afternoon progressed, (I was able to get a nap) it became apparent that there was no way that Dick was going to be able to go to the picnic.  So I made a few calls and, bless her heart, Marilyn Bordeau, picked up the potato salad and then called me when the chicken got there.  I was able to just go to the park and load our plates for dinner.   Sure missed the camaraderie but at least I didn't have to figure out what to fix for dinner and the potato salad will be mainly eaten. 

So now you know why the day was mixed.

You all know that my computer crashed.   Richard has been in touch with Rob, the guy who tried to fix it, and they have determined that it needs to be replaced.   Richard and Brenda have ordered a new Dell for me.   I am so grateful.   It will be my Christmas present.   As a friend once said to me.  "how do you thank" a son (daughter, brother, sister) for such a generous gift.    I am lost without my computer.  It will be here tomorrow.    I will be so happy.   I am grateful for the laptop but it does not have all my functions.   I am so far behind on Quicken and on my writing.

The roses that Richard and Brenda sent for our anniversary, a whole week ago, are still slowly opening and are beautiful.   What a joy.

So I think today is over.   I am glad of the chance to go "up the wooden hill to four corners."

Love that expression.   Of course, it is much more impressive in a two story house with the bedrooms upstairs.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: