Sunday, June 10, 2012

Well, pictures won't be on tonight either.    I figured out how to do it and now I can't find the pictures I want to send.   Go figure.

Today was a lovely Sunday.   Didn't have to go anywhere.  I slept til 8AM.   Dick slept until 10AM.  So I had two hours of doing things at my own pace.   I had everything set up for Dick when he woke up.   So when he DID finally get up, I went outside and washed all the outside windows.   I had the Windex hose attachment system and it was great.    I hooked it to the hose.   Then I rinsed a window, then turned it to wash, then rinsed again.     I am sure that hand washing would be better but thing are much brighter out there and I KNOW that the windows are clean.    AND I COULD DO IT MYSELF.    I am so grateful for all the help I get from Embrace Care. (of course, I do pay them.)   And even more for Bobbie coming every Monday to give me the freedom to go to Bible Study and to visit Mother.   But it is nice when I can still DO stuff.

I was in the shade for all the washing and it was very warm so I loved it.    I sprayed myself with bug spray so did not get a single bug bite.

I made some donuts with my Hamilton Beach donut maker  which has to be 35 years old.   And now I remember why I stopped using it.    The first donuts have to be thrown away because no matter how long you wait it is not hot enough.  Then it takes 7 to 10 minutes to make each two donuts.   So , I made 13 and that takes over an hour.   Lots of moving around and work for the result.  
Though the donuts are really good.

I am cleaning things out and I am afraid that the donut maker and the waffle iron and the George Foreman are going on their merry way.

So another Sunday comes to a close.   I just checked the Plymouth Review more closely and the notice that I sent to the review is printed about Bloomsday.   CWI and the Stafford are hosting a 2 hour Bloomsday celebration.    Bloomsday, in case you don't know, is an annual event that started in Dublin in 1954 to celebrate James Joyce's Ulysses , which is considered an absolute masterpiece.    It commemorates June 16th which is the day that is Ulysses occurs.  It is a day in the life of Leopold Bloom which is how the name comes about.

We had tons of fun last year and hope for the same this year and perhaps each year we will become more popular.

So sleep tight.   It is supposed to cool down to perhaps the 70s during the week which is my favorite temperature.  My herbs are looking so good.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: