Monday, June 18, 2012

We had a rollicking Thunder Storm during the wee hours of the morning.     Lots of thunder and lightening and an inch and a half of much needed rain.  Then it started to get HOT!    My deck thermometer showed 95 degrees this afternoon.   That is usually the hot time of the day.   It was muggy too, naturally because of all the rain.   Thank the Lord for air conditioning. 



Bobbie came this morning at 9ish and I left right away for Bible Study with the Guinness Cake.   I am not sure I told you this.   Last week, we discussed harps, as they were mentioned in the Psalm we are studying.  Peggy looked up harps on the internet and noted that the Harp is a symbol of Ireland and is on the Guinness Label.    I mentioned that I used Guinness to cook with.   For example, a Guinness Cake and all their ears perked up.   So I baked the cake yesterday.

They all liked, if they ate it right away, or took it home and I will hear next week.    I took it from there over to Mother's house and cut her a piece.    Dolores and Ken came while I was there so we had a nice visit and they got some of the cake too.

Yea.   Bobbie, Dick and I had a nice lunch of hamburgers and some of the cake. Now it is all gone and I can bake something else.   You know how I love to cook.

The flowers that Leslie and Bill sent Dick for Fathers day are opening so nicely.   They came all in bud and I have been taking a picture each day to show the flowering.    It is a lot of fun.  Thanks Leslie and Bill

The afternoon was quite enough.   I think I am caught up and have everything in place from the transition from Visiting Nurses to private care for Dick and for getting supplies.    It is nice to be with VNA because EVERYTHING is covered.   With private insurance we have to pay 20%.   Not bad but still - ouch.   At least he needs somewhat less in supplies than he did in the beginning.

Tomorrow is another quiet day, though I will be going to Van Horn to look at vans in the evening.    We have come to the conclusion, that the VW Wagon, as much as I LOVE it, will never be a practical car for Dick so are looking at a conversion van.   Some research is done and now we have to look at vans that can be converted.  

It is getting to the end of the day and I am very glad about that.    I got to bed a bit later than I had hoped last night and as I am still trying to catch up from Saturday, I am really hoping for a 9PM bed time.  

The rain was very happy for all of my plants.    We are supposed to have strong storms tonight and possibly severe storms.     The rain is welcome, but violent winds and hail are hard to take

Dia Dhuit
Mary




No comments: