Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Too busy a day.    It did not start out this way but things mushroomed on me.

I got up at 6:06AM.   I know the exact time because Roxie was yelling at me and poking me in the back and I told her "No1".  Then I looked at the clock and I had to apologize to her for my lack of concern.   So.  I got up and fed her and dived in to the shower to begin the day.

Kay got here at 7AM.   Dick was ready to get up and I was able to head to the grocery store to do the shopping. 

When I got home Dick was pretty much set up.  Good thing as Mark from Van Horn brought a van over for Dick to look at.  He likes the van.   Now we have to give him the opportunity to see how the seat lift works so that he will be comfortable with the change.  Otherwise, I guess I will have to find hired transportation forever.   I am kind of hoping that we will be able to achieve this measure of independence, but what is, IS.   So we will cope with whatever happens.

Tim, from Custom Care, was here at 10AM to take us to the Sheboygan Clinic for Dick's appointment with Dr. Herman, the urologist.  Life is good.  Dr. Herman has released Dick.   He should check with a doctor as to his urinary tract once a year but he is in good shape as long as we keep up the cathing and he stays healty.

Bad news.   Dr. Herman is retiring.   I really like him but perhaps we will never need him again anyway.

Home again, we had the egg salad sandwich I had bought at the Pig for our lunch.   They do have a good egg salad sandwich and it was on a  croiissant.   Very good.   We go him down for a nap at 12:30.   My friend Janet, came over at 1PM to stay with him while I drove to Mother's as Fr. Mike Shea, my cousin  who is a missionary in Thailand, is in the states.   My uncle Pat and aunt Joan and my aunt Kathleen all went to lunch with him in Sheboygan Falls and then went to Mother's.   Jeff and Kathy and I met therm there.   We had a nice visit.   He looks good.   I told him that Thailand is on my Bucket List.     They left at about 2PM and then Janet called and had a bit of "trouble" telling Jeff which Mary she was trying to reach but we finally connected.   Dick was awake and really needed me to come home.   So I did.   I got here in time to be of help to him.  

The rest of the afternoon was spent getting Quicken reset.   Working a bit on what we need for the van and just straightening up around her.   Now I am tired.    Very tired.   Dick is planning on going to bed soon and then I just need to set out his pills and get myself to bed too.

Pray for us.   Please pray for my neighbor's son Ray Wiffler who has cancer and is in a relapse.  

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: