Friday, June 22, 2012

Today was a super day.   Until I came home.

Actually, I had intended to get up at  6AM.   But I heard a sad sounding "Mary" at 5:30AM or sooner.    It was not Roxie.   She had been yelling at me and poking me but I can ignore her until 6 without any difficulty.   But I can't ignore Dick.   He had to get up for necessary things so that was that.  

I did manage to get everything I had to do done and was able to lie down for about a half an hour before Kim got here.
   
Then I drove to the Sharon S. Richardson Community Hospice for a Spiritual Renewal for the Family Caregiver.   It turned out to be a wonderful experience.   It started at 8:30AM with a nice breakfast followed by music in the drawing room.   Piano playing and singing led by Steve Hamer, a realtor turned pianist, who I have know for many years.   He is truly wonderful and enjoys playing for nursing homes and that type of venue. 

We went from there to the chapel for a meditation to harp music.played by Marie Larson.   The bulk of the music was Celtic and I found it so special.   The senior director of Libby's house, Tracy Cinealis conducted the meditation.    I am now back to where I was yesterday after Joan's reflexology session. 

The rest of the event consisted of Journaling, discovering your strengths, massage relaxation and a beautiful closing prayer.

The lunch was delicious.   Make your own sandwich, salads and a really chocolaty chocolate brownie.  We had time for a walk around the grounds too.   They are lovely.   It was my first time to the Hospice and I am really impressed.   Wonderful beauty,comfortable loving surroundings and a staff that is so caring.

I got home right around 3PM.   Kim finished up things and then Dick and I spent a nice quiet afternoon, EXCEPT for the thing that made the day turn.   My computer won't work.   I couldn't get the screen to come up so I manually rebooted it.   Then it said that windows would repair it but it lied.   Then Dick said that I should call Dell.  So I did, but our warranty is up and I don't know if I should renew it or not.    So I called and asked Richard to call when he is able.   I just hate to bother him and Brenda.   I feel like such a bother.

So I will update you tomorrow on that continuing saga.   I am using the laptop.   So.  Glad we have that.Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: