Sunday, April 22, 2012

Such a day.   I spent it trying to get ready for tomorrow and even start doing things for next weekend and even the weekend after.

I went downstairs and got all the fabrics put away and everything related to projects, except for the baby blanket, put away.    All I have to do for that is just the edging and a label.  I filled all the reception bags for the Gathering that I have and have the boxes that I have to take with me all in one place.

The weekend after next is Dick's birthday.   Actually his birthday is the 7th but I believe that Dick and Brenda are coming the weekend of the 5th.   AND Suzi, our niece, is also coming to visit the weekend of the 5th, so it will be a mini family gathering.     I find that very comforting.  

This evening Dustye came to take care of Dick at 6:30PM.   I went to Mother's then, as I won't be able to go tomorrow as I usually do.     This way, we were able to have a visit and I could make sure that her finances were all in order.   She seemed a little frail but it is later in the day.    She had her hair done yesterday and looked gorgeous, even more beautiful than usual.

My sister Nora called this afternoon and we had a lovely visit.   She and Leif will be leaving for China on a tour a week from Thursday.    What an adventure that will be.   Stenn and Bing will be there for part of it.   What a joy to have a daughter in law who will be able to translate and show things to them. 

So, I am having a glass of wine and then intend to be in bed by 9:30PM.   I have to get up at 6AM so that I can get myself showered and ready and Dick up and ready for the day.   Thank God for Bobbie who will be here to take care of her Dad while I have my "procedure."   Dolores and Ken will take me there and pick me up and bring me home.   Family is such a blessing and we are truly blest.

So time to wind it down.    I have pictures to post and there have been slight changes to both Google and the Blogger site, so I have some research to do before I can share.

Take care and pray for me if you have a minute.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: