Monday, April 23, 2012

I am home safe and somewhat sound from my "adventure" at the hospital.    Dolores and Ken picked me up a bit before 8AM and Bobbie arrived just about then too. 

So I was at the hospital at 8:30AM as requested.   Then I had to wait until 10:30AM for the procedure as they have to do lab tests and wait for the results.   The only uncomfortable part of the whole thing was that I had to lie on my stomach and my neck hurts if I am that way too long.   However, after what seemed like a million things involved in the preparation, I heard Dr. Sidiki say, "How are you doing Mary?"   I said fine and then remember nothing until I was being wheeled into my room.  

It was almost noon by then.   I had to lie flat for an hour before getting up.   I was able to order lunch as soon as I was awake and realized I was hungry.    It was quite good.   A French Dip sandwich and fries and carrot cake.   So after my hour, I got up and walked a bit and, of course, went to the bathroom.  So at about 2:30PM Dolores and Ken were able to take me home again.   I sure love having family. 

I sent a painting by my brother Matt with them to give to their son, my nephew, Todd, who liked his uncles art.  They gave me two hats from St. Patrick's Day that they got at Mannings.   They felt so bad that I had to miss the festivities.   Aren't they great.    Wait until you see the hats.   They are spectacular.

I forgot to tell you that I saw a bald eagle yesterday.   Dolores and Ken and Bobbie saw one too, so they truly are back in Sheboygan County.    I count us blessed.

So.   I am taking it very easy this afternoon and evening.   Dick and I will be in bed by 9PM.   Tomorrow will be a quiet day for me though three different health care people are coming for Dick.   Actually this will make my day much easier.

Thank you so much for the prayers.   Now I have a week or so of discomfort and then the pain should be gone from my back and ribs.   If I see no results in a week, I am to call them.

Take care of yourselves

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: