Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hi All.

I got up at 6AM this morning so that I would be ready when Colleen from Embrace Care came to get Dick up in the morning.    Of course,  Dick woke up at 6 also.   It is uncanny how the days that I can sleep in, he is up early.   The days that we have to be up, he sleeps like a log.

Colleen got here at 7AM.   I had to help train her for the morning shift as Heidi, from Embrace Care, called to tell me that she had a terrible cold and could not to so.   I do not want germs getting into OUR house.  

So, I stayed with Colleen until she got his prosthesis on and he was out to the desk.  Then I went to the Pig to do my grocery shopping.

When I got home, I was so exhausted.   I think that procedure took more out of me than I thought it would.  I put the groceries away and updated Quicken.   Colleen helped me put the groceries away.   Then I took a nap.   I did not think that the procedure took to much out of me.   At t 10AM Colleen  left and I was almost awake. 

We had hot dogs with sauerkraut for our lunch.   NUMMY.  I had also baked a rhubarb pie.   I have to use up last years harvest pretty soon.

Mary Pitch from Embrace came to review what has happened the last month and look at the next month.   I did forget to cancel the weekend of the 5th which is Dick's birthday weekend so I will call tomorrow to do that.

At 1PM Mary from the VNA OT came to just review Dick's general health.   She will not have to come again but we can call if we need help.

The rest of the afternoon I spent getting a list of Dick's meds ready for the weekend and filling the new medical boxes that I have filled with his daily medications so that he will be safe while I am gone.  

I can't tell you how much it means to me to have Bobbie here with him during the daytime hours.  And Embrace will be here the rest of the time.   So he will never be alone.   He is my guy and we are best friends.   He is such a sweetheart and is perfectly content at home with me.    Mary, the magpie, needs to get out and be doing "stuff."   |

The CWI weekend is perfect for me to be "me" for just a bit.   I have asked my friend Bob , the artist who created my Brigid, to join me for dinner on Friday.  He won't tell me what I should pay him for the piece, so I will just spend my time treating him when I can.  He will enjoy the evening with Celtic Women.  He is already close to me and my friend Kate Herman.

So far, everybody who sees my Wild Geese wall hanging likes it.   I will take it to show Kate tomorrow morning when we meet for breakfast.   She is going to drive us to Kohler on Friday.  I can hardly wait.   Boy am I ever excited about the weekend.   It will replenish my soul.

I had a problem with a toilet not flushing so called a plumber and they came this afternoon and fixed it.  Aren't people wonderful?

Dia Dhuit
Mary





No comments: