Thursday, April 26, 2012

Well,  here we are at the end of a Thursday.    Greta came at 7AM this morning.   (Of course, Dick was awake at 6AM so I had to keep him settled and comfortable til she came to get him up.)  I left at 7:45 to have breakfast at Hub City with Kate.    We had a good breakfast and visit.  I brought enough home for a supper for Dick AND me this evening.   

I shared the Wild Geese Wall hanging with her.   She forgot the writing that she was going to share with me but will bring it on the weekend as we are roommates.  

When we left Hub City, I drove to Walgreens to pick up prescriptions and other supplies.   Three prescriptions were not ready yet but should be OK tomorrow.   I will pick them up in the morning.

I arrived home just as Yvonne, the RN, was getting out of the car.   She was there to take Dick's INR.   It was at 2.9.   Just perfect.   So we have a slightly different dosage (because it did adjust so fast.) and he will be tested again next week.   But we are truly pleased.

Now it is, though still rather early, time for bed.  At least for me.   I ache and am exhausted.  I am hoping that two days without any exertion will help my body to heal.  Pray for me.

You will not hear from me until Sunday evening.    I will be thinking of you as I soak myself in Celtic things.

Dia Dhuit

Mary 
Glen the Squirrel


   
The Moral of This Story is the Best Part!



Debby Cantlon, who plans to release Glen, the young squirrel, back into the wild, bottle-fed the infant squirrel after it was brought to her house.
When Cantlon took in the tiny creature and began caring for him, she found herself with an unlikely nurse's aide: her pregnant Papillion, Mademoiselle Giselle.
Glen was resting in a nest in a cage just days before Giselle was due to deliver her puppies. Cantlon and her husband watched as the dog dragged the squirrel's cage twice to her own bedside before she gave birth.


Cantlon was concerned, yet ultimately decided to allow  the squirrel out and the inter-species bonding began.


Glen rides a puppy mosh pit of sorts, burrowing in for warmth after feeding, eventually working his way beneath his new litter mates.



Two days after giving birth, mama dog Giselle allowed Glen to nurse; family  photos and a videotape show her encouraging him to suckle alongside her litter of five pups.  Now, Glen mostly uses a bottle, but still snuggles with his 'siblings' in a mosh pit of puppies, rolling atop their bodies, and sinking in deeply for a nap.
Glen and his new litter mates, five Papillion puppies, get along together as if they were meant to.



Glen naps after feeding.



Glen makes himself at home with his new litter mates, nuzzling nose-to-nose for a nap after feeding.


Send this along to brighten someone's day!
Wouldn't it be nice if we could all get along   like Glen and the gang?


MORAL OF THE STORY: Keep loving everyone, even the squirrelly ones.
 
 

No comments: