Tuesday, February 14, 2012

We woke up to a snow covered world.   I had to get out of my warm bed at 6:30AM so that I could get the trash out by 8AM.   They don't come THAT early, but the lady that I give aluminum cans to does, and it seems easy to just get everything out at once.  One of my neighbors, Kathy, was out scraping her driveway off.  I don't do that.   I have enough trouble with my ribs and am not doing anything to agrivate the discomfort.

We do get plowed and shoveled but only if there is over 2 inches.   Less than that and I rely on the sun and the wind.

Bobbie got her at 10AM so that we could take Dick for his Eye Doctor appointment.  We did pretty well.   It was a full exam so it was after noon when we got out of there.   Dick has had a change in his left eye that can be corrected so he will be getting a new lens in about a week to 10 days.  Aside from that and the persistent lash that keeps growing in his right eye, his eyes are doing OK.

We picked up Chinese food for our lunch and Bobbie, Dick and I enjoyed that together along with the annual heart valentine raspberry cookies that she brought for us.

The afternoon was quiet.   I got  a present wrapped, packaged and ready to mail.   I am prepared for a meeting on Friday morning.   I did a load of wash.  And I went to Walgreens to pick up and ointment for Dick's right eye.  

Now we are watching the Westminster Dog Show.    We LOVE that show and it makes us miss having a doggy.   One day we will have one again.   I just want a yard that I can let it out in when I don't have the time to walk it.  But I want it to force me to walk.


So Until tomorrow. 

Dia Dhuit

Mary

I got this as an email today.   It is really funny.

Dear Customer,
Just a little note to let you know we understand your
anger in the recent price hike. But it should be noted
that you have no choice. We are a big company and you
will pay what we tell you. You have no choice We have
the power, you need the power.   So sad....too bad.
We have enclosed a little picture to help
outline our response. Have a nice day and keep those
cheques coming!

      Sincerely,

      Your Local Power Co .

No comments: