Thursday, February 16, 2012

We were almost home all day.  I did have to go to the Aurora Clinic once to drop something off, but I figure that a half an hour away is NOTHING.

We both slept late.  I got up at 8AM or thereabouts and Dick got up shortly after 9AM.  After yesterday, we both needed the extra sleep.

It has been a very uneventful day.    I started corning the beef for St. Patrick's day today.   Yesterday, I bought a lovely rump roast to do this with.   Dick likes my corned beef much more that the processed briskets that one buys in the store.   It is not that red color but is REALLY good.  Anyone who is interested.  I will have it available on St Patrick's Day.  Probably the day before.     St. Patrick's day is quite busy with the parade and it seems a Deeley celebrations Nora and Leif will be home.   I hope they will walk in the Irishman's walk with us.They could meet my CWI friends. 

Would you believe that I took a two hour nap this afternoon?   I think yesterday was hard on me too.

Dick is doing much better with the quiet day, but I notice that as the day goes on, he becomes more short of breath and is experiencing more phantom pain again.   He is wearing his new prosthesis today and so far all is well.  He will wear it for a couple of days and then we will see Marty again to fine tune things.   It is quite a nice leg and it is nice to see him looking like a real person.

Pray for us.  This has been a really tiring week.  Thank God! We have each other.   

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: