Friday, February 17, 2012

So far a very productive and a very distressing day.

Dick woke up very early and seemed to feel fairly well though it really was much to early.   But he seems to be able to sleep later if he gets up in the night for a bit.

I stayed in bed a little longer and got up and showered before 7AM.     Here is where the problem started.   I fixed Dick his breakfast and he started to choke.   It was a really bad spell and left him very very weak all day.  Fortunately, Rachel, the nurse came this morning to draw blood and to check him over, so we are sure he is OK.   He has been started on another antibiotic for another UTI and I changed his appointment with Dr. Sharon to this Monday.   It was set for a whole week away,

Jody got here to clean at 8AM.   I had to leave for a breakfast meeting with my friend Dorothy Rose at the Roadside at 8:30AM.   But I knew that Rachel was coming and that Jody would be there til I got back.

Dorothy and I had a nice breakfast and a very productive meeting.  We are forming the committees for the Spring Gathering which is at the end of April.  I am going to take charge of the Welcome Bags for the attendees.   I can do most of that at home.

I got home at 10AM.  Rachel had been here and gone but Jody was still here.    He was still terribly weak from the coughing spell but was resting in his chair.   

At 11:AM Nancy, the Home Health Aid came and got him all washed up.  

Marty from Wisconsin Prosthesis called to see how he is doing with the new leg.   I told him it was loose so he said to add sox until it is stable but comfortable.   We started with a size two but will definitely have to increase the ply.  Tomorrow.   He is just going to rest the rest of the day.

I managed to get downstairs to finish cutting out squares for the baby quilt I am making for Kettle Quilters and to lay out the wall hanging I have in my vision.   I will tell you about it and show it to you when I complete it unless it turns out crumby then it will just disappear.

Warren and Nancy picked me up at 4:45PM to shoot league.    We got there at 5PM and the only person there was Greg.  He was setting up the traps so we hung around, as they officially don't start until 6.   Greg came in after someone came to help him set the traps up and asked me to set up the cash drawers.   I reminded him I was no longer a member but he gave me a hug and said it didn't matter.   You know me and a hug so I set up the drawers and then sold Nancy and me our targets.   So we went down to shoot.   I was not TOO bad this week, though things have gone better.

I was home by 6:30 and now we have Dick settled in bed.    I am sure we will be up at least once during the night but I hope it is early enough that he can get back to sleep and sleep until morning.   He is totally exhausted.

I will be going in myself soon as I didn't get a nap today and have been quiate busy.]

So til tomorrow,  I love you all. Pray for us

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: