Friday, January 06, 2012

We got to stay home all day today.   Of course, that did not stop the stream of people wending their way through the house.

I got up at 6AM with the cat.   Got Dick up between 6:30AM and 7AM.   Jody came to clean at 8AM and was followed closely by Denise, the RN.   She did a deep check on him.    All his vitals and changing his dressings (all of the wounds are almost healed.) and helping us figure out how to use the new lung treatment.   At Rocky Knoll all of the treatments went into the nebulizer.   One of the refills has its own dispensing system.   Not hard but very precise.    Just enough to be DIFFERENT and we know what we think about different.  Anyway, Denise was able to help us and we are feeling pretty good about his progress, except for the possible bladder infection.    Denise took a sample and a blood draw to the lab for testing.    We did not hear from Dr. Sharon, so I hope all is well.

We were alone for a whole hour before Lauren, the OT came.   We asked her for some ideas in helping Dick get dressed by himself.   He can do his shirt and all but the shorts get difficult.    She showed him what he needs to do to be able to accomplish this and we have determined that there needs to be more practice on balance and standing.   He CAN do it, so if I were gone, it would be possible but it is very slow and tiring.

She left and was followed closely by Sara the PT.   Sara put him through walking, balancing and some stretching exercises.    Now if he will take my reminders or remember himself to do these things, he will continue to improve.  I run a fine line between being helpful and a nag.

This afternoon, I took a nap.   I am also gathering things to take to Danika ant KMJAC for the Irish Family Day.  I want them all together by Tuesday when I have a doctor appointment in Sheboygan.   I am trying to group my traveling.    The gas bill should go down some now that Dick is home.   Of course the grocery bill will go up, but not by much.

The weekend looks very quiet.   I will be going to Mass tomorrow evening, but that should be the only time either of us have to leave Tallgrass.   

Have a wonderful vacation yourself.  

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: