Wednesday, January 04, 2012

It isn't going to be easy.    I seem to have sprained my ankle.    When we were getting Dick in the car to take him for his appointment with Dr. Sharon, I had to go back into the house to grab his med list and I apparently hit the ramp on an odd angle and twisted my right ankle.

That was at 11:00AM.   I thought I had walked it off actually.    It was tender when we were at the Clinic.   I was doing just fine when I went to the wake for Uncle Bob Finger.

That was a great experience.   I know that funerals are not supposed to be happy, but we have such a marvelous family.   Bob had a perfect death.  He basically just fell asleep.  And I got to see all of my Ayers first cousins, their spouses and lots of beautiful second cousins.   Aunt Kathleen is so brave.    We all agreed that she and Bob were truly blessed.   This was the second very special marriage for both of them and they had 24 years of joy and companionship.   What a guy he was.  

My ankle was still OK, but then I went to the meeting at JMKAC.   When I got up there, I knew I was in trouble. 

The meeting went VERY well.   I have several things to do but will be able to do most of them sitting at my desk with my foot up.   I am more worried about what I will be able to do as far as taking care of Dick.    I can reheat several meals and he can just do some more but I am needed.   Tomorrow, we will have a nurse and a therapist during the afternoon, which will be a big help.

I still hoped that if I got home and iced the ankle it would be OK.   No such luck.   I finally called Bobbie at about 4:30PM to ask her to come and drive me to Urgent Care.    They don't open before 8AM but do stay open until 8PM.  Perhaps they can wrap it or something.

Bobbie will be here any minute and I will finish this when I get back.   Isn't it strange, that I expect you to follow my conversations, even on the blog?

We are back from Aurora.   Bobbie heated up dinner for Dick and I and has headed back to her own home.   I am so grateful that she could come to take me.   The injury is to my foot, not the ankle.   Fortunately, there is no break.    I have a neat ankle brace and it is wrapped with an ace bandage which is really helping the pain.  I am also taking Tylenol for the pain and inflammation.

Dick and I will really have to be a team for the next few days.   But I will heal quickly, I know.

Love and Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: