Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Dick had a very successful PT session with Sara this morning at about 11:00AM.   He walked twice, quite a distance, and stood by the cupboard and practiced going from side to side and balancing.   We are also working on ways so that he can sit himself up in bed without a leg for "balast" and without my help.   We are going to have to do that because I can't be straining my ribs and back too much.

I did the grocery shopping today.    That went well.   I also went to the bank, mailed Jim and Michelle's Christmas (Aren't you glad, Jim and Michelle?  Christmas isn't over yet.) and picked up a few supplies.

Aside from that I am still picking up loose ends and trying to keep up with the daily grind.   I will be glad when it becomes just part of the routine and I am not forgetting things.    It took a half an hour or more without Dick and he has added a lot.   Today was trash day too.

I am reading about leprechauns and fairies for the Family Festival Ireland on January 21st.     I will be doing two half hour storytelling times.  I intend to spend a half hour on each of the small people.  I will end each tale by letting the children or whoever know that the fairies and the leprechauns came over with the Irish people and are still here.   The tricky part is finding stories that are not to grim.   I want to make a little "purse" to put a shilling in for the leprechaun.    They carry a magic coin, you know.  When somebody does get their money, it comes right back to the purse.

Tomorrow will be very busy.   I have an MRI in the early morning.   Dick sees Dr. Sharon at 11:00 and then I will go tot he viewing for Uncle Bob and to a meeting at JMKAC.   I should be home and ready to settle in by 3PM.  I am hoping 2:30PM so that Dick won't be alone too long.  


Be safe and pray for Uncle Bob's soul and for Aunt Kathleen and the family that will miss him.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: