Monday, January 23, 2012

A typical busy Monday.  I got up at 6:30AM.    There is always so much to do before we just get "even". 

I left at about 9Am because I had to get gas in the car before heading out.   I had actually let it get a lot lower than usual so was getting worried in this cold weather. 

Then I went to Bible Study at Blessed Trinity.  There were 7 of us there today.    A nice group, especially with three of our intrepid attendees off to warm parts of the word.   Ione is in Hawaii for another couple of weeks and the Keyes will be gone until almost Easter.   We miss them but what a blessing that they are able to get away during the worst part of the winter.

It was a good bible study.

Then I went to see Mother.   She is fine but the weekend was tiring for her.    Her birthday Saturday was busy with visits and calls.   And Sunday was quite active too.    She handled it quite will and got lots of presents and calls and visits on her 96th birthday.   We got her bills caught up and I explained the Cindy Matyi/Dolores Whelan perpetual calendar that I had purchased for her for her birthday.     She loves the Irish Spirituality so this was a fun sharing for us.

I got home by noon because the PT was coming then.   I have told them that Monday mornings are mine.  Then I get a call last night that someone wanted to come at 11AM.   I flat out told them no.   I could be back by noon, but not before.  I keep hearing how the caregiver has to take care of him or herself.   One would think that one morning a week would not be hard to work around.    Anyway, she agreed to come at noon.  

This afternoon, I finally got my kitchen uncluttered and a lot of other things sorted.   I finished a baby quilt top,  Now I have to get to work assembling it. 

We had scalloped potatoes made with mushroom soup for our lunch and leftover pizza for supper.

A nice day altogether. Spending time with Mom always makes it good.   Tomorrow Dick has two doctor appointments.   Pray for good weather.

All my love

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: