Friday, January 27, 2012

A lovely sunny winter day.    The sun shining with blue skies and no wind, made it very pleasant.   Altogether enjoyable for the last week in January.

I baked some scones this morning, just because I felt like it.

Jody came to clean at 8Am so I was able to share some with her and then this evening share some with Nancy and Warren when we went shooting.

Rachel, the RN, came for her last visit unless something should change.    We are pleased with his overall health these days.   After she left, I prepared some cheeseburgers sans buns with beans and salad for our lunch.  

Then at 12:30PM, Sara, the PT came and put him through his paces.  He did very well, but his right heel and knee are really hurting today.    We took off the right prosthesis to see if there is a pressure that is causing it.   I don't know if we really know yet, but this evening, he is feeling better.

I spent the afternoon cleaning out "Roxie's" room.   I went through the bookshelves, dusted everything and  cleaned the windows.  I still have to go through everything in the file cabinet and in the closet but this is a good start.


Tonight I did go to pistol league.   It was rather a disaster.  I could not hole my arm steady for anything.  Oh Well.  There will be a next week.   Now I have finished all the evening preparations for tomorrow and am almost ready to start getting myself ready for bed.   Tomorrow is the annual Deeley Wild Game Dinner and Beer Tasting Contest.  I have to get my roast in the slow cooker very early in the morning.    I am depending on Roxie to wake me up early to do that.  She had better not let me down.

I am bringing roast and brown bread.   We always have way too much food and way to much beer.

Goodnight all

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: