Monday, December 26, 2011

Yesterday did not leave any time to post.   I hope you were also so involved in your special Christmas celebrations and did not have time to even think about my little blog. 

Christmas morning was spent getting Dick and my all "spit and polished" and ready for out company.   Richard and Brenda and Bobbie and Bill were arriving in mid afternoon for the beginning or our family celebration.   Dick and I emptied our stockings.   Yes.   Santa did fill the stockings again.   He is always so nice to us.   Candy and desk supplies.    I also gave Dick the Green Bay Packer stock certificate that "Mrs. Santa" obtained for me to give to him.

Leslie called early Christmas afternoon and I had a lovely talk with her and Bill.    She was fixing a turkey for their dinner.   We opened the box from them today and it is a sugar free Whitman Sampler.   What a good idea.

Everybody arrived between 3 and 4PM for the big gathering.  Bobbie put on a super meal beginning with a sumptuous array of appetizers.  Stefano's Glop is really GOOD.    We had a glass of Prairie Fume with the appetizers.

Dinner was preceded by the present opening.   I think everybody was happy.  I know that Dick and I marvel at the care and love that is put into the gifts that were presented to us.   We are so blessed to be so loved.  For example, I was given a set of Waterford stainless silverware because my loved ones saw how pitiful my silverware was.  AND it is BEAUTIFUL.   I would like to feed the world.

Bobbie then put dinner on the table.   Rolled Italian bread loaf and Spinach bread rolled loaf - accompanied by a salad and frozen peas with homemade Bobbie Candy for dessert   We had Bobbie's Domaine Du May Italian Barolo with dinner and an excellent Champagne, brought by Richard and Brenda to drink with the super candy.   I recommend good candy with good champagne.

We finished off the evening with a Packer victory.   Bobbie and Bill had to go home before it was over but it was a fitting ending to a perfect day.

Today I got up shortly before 7AM.  I knew that I could not go to both bible study and to visit mother as it would be too long away to Dick, so I opted out of bible study.     Ellen, our physical therapist called and came to work with Dick at 10AM.   Then Denise, a RN came at 1:30 PM to check him all over and work with us. 

Richard and Brenda were with us until 1:30PM.    Richard has our computers working like clockwork and has showed us that we have SKYPE and can now communicate with other SKYPE people with a flick of a finger.   I am so excited.    I am sure that Bart and Barb will have this capability and, of course, Brenda and Dick do and we were all signed up with them.    YES!

After Denise left, I hightailed it over to see Mother.   I knew that she had had a rather difficult night but she seems to be improving rapidly and was not abnormally tired or weak so I felt better about her when I left.   I took her her Christmas Present a book called  "It's Not Yours, 'Til You Like It"  a book about Prange's in Sheboygan.   There is a story told by Mother about Grandpa Bowser, her father and my grandpa in the book.   I transcribed it for her and sent it in  for her.

So Boxing Day is over.   I hope things slow down some by the end of the week.   After a bit, I won't have to be so involved in watching the therapy.    Unless something new comes up.

So thats it for the day.   We have two therapy appointments tomorrow and I will go to the bank and grocery shopping.    Pretty easy Huh!

Dia Dhuit

Mary

JUST FOR FUN







 Subject: Copper Wire
 
After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, New York scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago
 
Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, a California archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet and shortly after, a story in the LA Times newspaper read:"California archaeologists' discover 200 year old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers."
 
One week later, a local newspaper in Manitowoc, WI, reported the following: "After digging as deep as 30 feet in his pasture near Valders, WI, Ole Olsen, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Ole, has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Wisconsin had already gone wireless."
  
Makes one proud to be from Wisconsin.

No comments: