Saturday, December 31, 2011

What a nice New Year's Eve and Day.   Dick slept all night until 6AM so I got a good night's sleep also.

We got up and kind of lazed into the day.  A light breakfast and I did a lot of wash.  I also got the Christmas Box for Michelle and Jim FINALLY packed and ready for the post office.

I finished making a lovely strawberry tart for tonight's dessert.   Suzi couldn't come because she was sick but Bobbie and Bill came so we had the same meal.   I saw no sense in changing anything.   The strawberries were really nice. - from Florida.   I also prepared Braciole de Manzo, one of my venison dishes, with a side of garlic Parmesan spaghetti and a carrot salad.     We had Bobbie's Barolo wine with dinner and a Barefoot Pinot Grigio Champagne to toast in the New Year. 

It was a nice way to see out the old year.    I am sure that I will be asleep before midnight and we all got to toast the old and welcome the new with t he Champagne with a strawberry dropped into it.

I went to Mass today at 4PM.   Tomorrow I will only go out onec, at around lunch time.   I am taking Mom's noon meal to her and will eat with her.

I talked to George today to update him on Uncle Bob's funeral arrangements.    We will miss Uncle Bob and his great smile.   

So Happy New Year to you all.

Until 2012

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: