Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Here we are at the end of another busy day.

The first appointment was at 9AM.   Ellen, the PT, came and put Dick through his paces.  

Before she came, I did all the usual things, ( the additions for Dick are STARTING to fall into place). and then took the trash out.   It was a crap shoot as to whether they would come today.   They are not consistent, but sometimes with a holiday involved, they will come the next day.   I KNOW that they picked up the recyclables and assume that they have also picked up the regular trash.

After she left, I went to the bank and then on to Rocky Knoll to drop off the cushion to therapy, pay the bill and pick up the few things that I had not noticed that last day.  (We seem to have gained an enema bag.  Yippee!.  Don't know who would do the administering.   Not Me!  Got to draw the line somewhere.)

I got home in time to take my time preparing lunch.   We had chili - easy, but it was frozen so I had to defrost it.   I took a nice short nap after lunch and then did our grocery shopping.   I found a new cooking tool.   A simple device to put olive oil into and spritz it on to food or onto grills or pans.   This way I won't need to buy spray cans of stuff.  

Lauren, the OT, came at 4:15PM.   She reviewed several things with us as to bathing and getting in and out of bed and gave some suggestions.    She will be back on Thursday at 9AM with Ellen, the PT.   Tomorrow we are supposed to have a Home Health Care Worker come to give Dick a really good sponge bath.   We will wash his hair tomorrow if they do not come as we know he can stand by the sink for way long enough time to do that.

We still have nice things to eat for our evening meal.   Little bits that can offer a variety.   I had a slice of pizza and Dick had a cup of soup and half a sandwich.  Then we had Bobbie candy for our dessert.   We are a spoiled couple of senior citizens.

I called Mom to see how she is.   She is still a bit under the weather, but saw the doctor today and he has her on liquids until tomorrow, to clear out her system.  Sound like a similar treatment as I got for my food poisoning.   I will call tomorrow afternoon to check on her again. 

So.  The night is drawing to a close and so am I.

Bless you all and keep us safe through the night.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: