Friday, December 30, 2011

This was not the best day but not the worst either.

Suzi was going to come tomorrow, but called early this afternoon to say that she is sick and we will have to put her visit off until she is better.   We don't want germs brought into this house and certainly don't want her traveling from Sussex if she is ill so we will look forward to her visit in 2012.  Can you believe that Sunday will be January 1st of 2012.    I think I mentioned this many years ago.     When I was a little girl, as I was born in 1940, I realized that I would be 60 years old at the turn of the century.   That seemed so old.   Now I am 71, and as my Mother would say.   "It still seems old."

Usually I don't feel old, so don't give me the lecture about your are only as old as you feel.   Sometimes I DO feel every year and when I do I deserve to feel that way.   Most of the time, I am still eager to get on with the things I love to do and when I am doing them, and caring for others, especially Dick and Mom, I do not feel old.  Often, very tired, but never done.

The only person who came into our house today was Jody, my house cleaner.   She is always welcome as she gets the house in order for me and if I ask for anything she always does it.   Today, I asked that she help me make the bed downstairs for Suzi.   She just did it herself.   She said that I look tired.  

I don't know whether I mentioned it, but Jeff called last night to tell me that Uncle Bob Finger, Aunt Kathleen's husband, died yesterday.   He had been ill enough that they delayed their trip south for the winter, but he had been doing quite well.   So it was unexpected.  I will miss his yearly call to see if I want to purchase the Optimist's Packer yearbook.   Aunt Kathleen is my godmother, you know.  I am very blessed.

Dick did not sleep well last night.   So he slept off and on all day.  I hope this is not the beginning of the old being up all night and sleeping all day that he had going before.   I guess I should not be a pessimist.   One night does not a pattern establish.

We had some of the turkey pot pie for dinner.  It really is good.   We will get one more meal out of it.    I worked on preparing our New Year's dinner.   Even if Suzi can't come, Bobbie and Bill will be here.   We will have Braciole de Manzo, garlic buttered spaghetti and carrot salad with strawberry tart and Champagne with fresh strawberries dropped in it so we can see them bounce up and down.

So until tomorrow, the LAST day of 2011.    Sleep well,   Another year is upon us, pray that it will be a good year but whatever it brings we will hang together and make the most of it.

I love you all

“Athbhlian faoi mhaise


Mary  

No comments: