Monday, December 05, 2011

A very full day.   I left the house at 9AM and returned at 6PM. 

Before I left, I did some thank you notes and envelopes for Celtic Women and generally straightened up around here.   Then I stopped at Walgreens before heading to Bible Study.   There were six of us today.   And we did just fine.  Three people had called and were unable to come. 

I went from there to Mother's.   We got all her bills paid and I set up her pills and we still had a nice time to visit.   I told her that I had met someone who knew Dad.   I was walking down the hall at Rocky Knoll and heard a gentleman say that he had worked at Gilson, so I asked him if he knew Dad.   Sure enough he did.   His name is Francis and said Dad used to hug him and tell him that Francis was a beautiful name.    Dad's name was also Francis and Dad detested it but loved it when others were named Francis.   Ask Jim.
He also remembered Dad as the Union president at Gilson being a very good and hard working Union man who worked with the employees AND Gilson to keep things fair.

Then I drove to Joan Kramer's home for my reflexology treatment.   I am now all relaxed and have beautiful green toenails.

I got to Rocky Knoll at a bit after 3PM and Dick and I had a couple hours to visit before supper.   I ate with him and am now home.   Roxie was, of course, quite offended that I was late getting home, but seems to have forgiven me now.

I finished the lap robe for the Quilt Club and have decided what I am bringing for our lunch, so after I do the grocery list and a couple of other small things, I can settle in to bed and a chapter of a book before I sleep.

I hope your sleep is peaceful and full of pleasant dreams.

Dia Dhiut

Mary

No comments: