Wednesday, December 07, 2011

A successful home evaluation.    Tim picked Dick and me up at 8:30AM and Corrie, from therapy, followed us home to do the evaluation.

Things went very well, I think.   We know what areas Dick needs help in and he was superb in many things we tried today.   Such as getting in to and out of bed and using the bathroom and opening the refrigerator.   Now the therapists will work on the things he is weak in.   Such as dressing and putting on his prosthesis by himself.

We got back to the center at about 10:30.  I had to leave at 11:00AM to get to the Sheboygan County Writers Christmas party.  I really have not been able to make meetings there since we moved to Plymouth and Dick got sick but they are my most beneficial club.   I love the people in the Plymouth club but they are not as dedicated in the way I need.


We had our party at the Villager in Sheboygan Falls.   A great restaurant and of course owned by the children our our dear Rosemary Eigenberger who died last year about this time and was a member of the Sheboygan County Writers.   There was a nice turnout and I got to see several of the members that I really am close too.   I brought home some nice gifts again.   I picked a lovely serving plate with cookies and yogurt covered pretzels.  And my gift was a beautiful snow globe.

After the dinner, I zipped across the street to Evans and found a couple of gold chains to replace those of mine that have broken.  Then I went BACK to Rocky Knoll because I had the back of the car full of contributions from the Kettle Country Quilt Club for the institution.   Several lap robes and items for Christmas bundles and/or bingo prizes.   Kim was glad to get them.  Also, we had a few calendars.   I must remember to bring in the extra calendars that I keep receiving in the mail.   They really need them for the residents.

I saw my friend Alice.  Claude was in both Plymouth Care and Rocky Knoll with Dick.   He was moved to another area of the facility.   Alice was quiet upset.  She told me they had three hours to do the move with no warning.   This is much too hard on people.   Claude is fragile any way and would have been benefited with a day or two to adjust to the idea and the move.   Why don't these "professionals" become aware of these things.

I stopped to see Dick on my way out and gave him the Gladware with the cookies and pretzels and put the snow globe on his shelf for a Christmas Cheer.

So I was home by 4PM and have been washing and catching up on Quicken and just being lazy.   I am mainly home tomorrow and intend to be lazy then too.

Dia Dhuit.

Mary

From Leslie the first time I saw it.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, Shit!.  She's awake!"

No comments: