Sunday, December 18, 2011

Today did not go as planned, but it did, in the end, turn out OK.

I was just getting ready to leave for Rocky Knoll for Mass, when Alicia, Mom's caregiver, called and told me that Mother was semi conscious and sick.  Should she call an ambulance.  I, of course, said yes and that I would be there as soon as I could.    On the way, I left a message for Jeff on his cell as I just had to push one button to call him and I called Dick to tell him that I would be late.

When I got the Mother's they were already wheeling her out of the house.   I talked to her but she was in pretty bad shape at the time.   As it turns out just trying to come out of the fainting spell.   So I talked to Alicia and the policeman that was there and then went to Sheboygan Memorial to be there when she got there.   Alicia had also called Dolores because she had her number also on her phone.   I called Eileen when I got to the hospital. 

By the time they got her to the hospital, she was already asking to go home, but they put her through the battery of tests that they always have to.   She is just fine though a bit weak.   Randy and Eileen took her home as soon as the tests were complete and she was able to walk the halls with a walker.   I left to be with Dick this afternoon.    Eileen is spending the night.

Dick was fine.  I got there just in time to lunch with him.   We watched a bit of the game together.   Then Bobbie and Bill came to visit.  I was so tired and Dick sent me home to rest.    I was not able to sleep but did lie down for an hour and I am going to bed early tonight as I have a really big day tomorrow.

Please pray that Mother stays well for a long time now.   I told her that she has to stop going to the hospital just before Christmas every year.    It was just about this time last year that she dislocated her shoulder.   She just laughed at me.

So that was the day, exept that the Packers lost.    I have a really bad fantasy league this week.   Lots of upsets and I scored high on some of them.

Tomorrow will be a better day.   Though as Mom is OK now, I count this as a blessed day anyway.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: