Monday, December 19, 2011

A typical, non-typical busy Monday.   I left the house at 9AM after making some phone calls and catching up on some general pickup and computer stuff.  Went first to Bible Study.    We had a pretty full crowd and a lovely discussion of the fact that baptism mad us "priests" as adopted sons of God and what responsibilities this carries.

Next I went over to Mother's house.  She looks pretty good.   A bit weak but she is back to her normal routine, except that she decided not to exercise for a day or two so her strength comes back.   She moves around the house as needed anyway,  that will be enough.    While I was there, we talked to Meals on Wheels and they will start delivering her noon hot meal on Wednesday.    They do not deliver on weekends and the day after Christmas is a day  off too, but they will resume on Tuesday.   After a week or so we will evaluate how it is working for her. 

I stopped at home on my way to Kate's for our Cream City Writer's party, to pick up the present and the salad for the pot luck.  I had intended to go right to her home to help but got a call from Jena asking that I pick her and her mother Lynn and her sister Hope up on my way.   I knew that it would not be a help to have them there early, so timed it to get to Kate's at 12:30PM when it was scheduled for.

We had a lovely party.  Don, Kate, Lynn and I read Christmas readings.   I read my new Acrostic,  I will put it at the end of this blog and a poem my brother Matt wrote.   

Kate had made a ham and potato casserole.   I brought the Broccoli Cauliflower salad and everybody else brought cookies or appetizers.   Some people do have an odd idea of a pot luck.   But we were well fed and entertained.   Then we exchanged our gifts.     I received a Gibbsville Cheese cup and instant cocoa to go with it.

Kate also gave me a present.   A neat Tea for One, a book and a candle.    How fun is that.  She is a good friend.

Tomorrow Dick comes home!!!!!!   He called tonight and seemed a bit distressed but I talked to the nurse and she said that she would keep an eye on him.   I will shop early and then be there until we sign him out and Tim comes to pick him up.    We had a new walker delivered today.  Mat, my friend from Home Resource, brought it and he will drop the tennis balls to stablize the legs tomorrow.  He will also measure for a cushion like Dick has been using at Rocky Knoll.   I think we really need that too.

So.   I am home.   I have his tea ready and I have prepared the Spinach Casserole and have it ready to just pop into the oven.   Special treat.   Pray for us that all goes well. 

Dia Dhuit

Mary

CHRISTMAS

Come to the stable.
Hurry to the light of the star.
Run to tell the shepherds.
It is joy and the promise kept.
Silent in the night
The Lord sent His Son.
Mary the gentle mother
Prepared a manger for his head.
Softly the Angels sang a lullaby.

No comments: