Saturday, November 19, 2011

What a lovely November Day this turned out to be. 

Last year I went deer hunting for the last time.   I decided that it is usually too cold and I am not officially and "older person" who should consider these things.    Today would have been lovely.  The temperatures were in the upper 40's and though it did rain, the rain came late in the afternoon.   A perfect year.

Home this morning, I got a LOT done.   I am working on Christmas presents and also trying to catch up on writing and communicating with dear friends who attended the IBAM or just have been sending messages to me.

Like my sweet Vikki , a niece from my 2nd life who is so very special to me.   I am also behind on acknowledging birthdays.   Not to bad, as Jacquie and I have been running late off and on for years.

I enjoyed lunch and two walks with my sweetheart today.   He did very well.   I think I told you he will be home for a couple of hours on Thanksgiving and I am SO excited.  Roxie will be beside herself.

I left Rocky Knoll at about 1:30PM and drove to Kate Herman's house for our CWI book discussion.  It was a lively afternoon, I must say.   We discussed the book, and lots of other things.   Deciding when we closed up to read Wild Girls by Patricia Monaghan for our next selection and gave a suggestion for those who wanted to, to get John O Donohue's Anam Cara for a daily meditation book.   We are going to "book club" four times a year as this was do successful.  Kate had a lovely afternoon snack table of sweet breads, fruit and tea for us to enjoy.   She is such a good hostess.

I was home at 5 and had chili for supper.   It is good chili.   I thought I might have to spice it up a bit but it really tastes good as it is.

So tomorrow will be a rather quiet day.   I talked to Shane this evening.   The hunt was quite successful.   Three deer in the party.   a doe and two bucks.   I will be getting the livers.   Yippee.   Of course, Dick will not approve of them, but venison liver is about the best there is.

So until tomorrow.  God love you

Mary

No comments: