Friday, November 18, 2011

Tonight is a lonely night.   I wish my sweetheart was home.   BUT ---- he will be here for a few hours on Thanksgiving. I talked to his therapist and the nurses and have made arrangements for him to be transported on Thursday at 11:30AM to be here for our dinner, which I am serving at 1PM.   He will be picked up again at 2:30PM.    I figured that this is long enough for him to be home, but short enough that he won't get too tired.

This was a good day for therapy.   He seemed really exhausted but still managed to do some strengthening exercises and pushed himself to walk for two long walks.    I am so proud of him.

I made a big pot of chili today.   I am hungry for chili and that does freeze well.   So I decided to do it.  Then I will have a "couple or three" meals all ready when Dick comes home.   I am sure the chilly weather is what has make me hungry for the meal.

I can't believe that it is almost Thanksgiving already.   I  have the meal all planned and have already begun to prepare those foods that can be prepared early.   Bobbie is bringing Hickory Nut Pie which is SO good.

I intend to spend the rest of the evening just cleaning up my desk and corresponding with people that I need to touch with.    I need to send my Lavendar Cookie Recipe to the Fairy Queen.  I think I will post it for you too.

God love you

Mary

Lavender Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1/2  cup butter - softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose-flour
4 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. In a large bowl cream the shortening, butter and sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.   Beat in extracts.   Combine the flour, lavender, baking powder and salt.  Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.Drop by rounded teaspoonsfull, 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with nonstick spray.   Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

3. Cool for two minutes before removing to wire racks.

4. Store in airtight containers.

Servings: 24
Yield: 24

Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1/24 of a recipe (1.3 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients. One of the recipe's ingredients was not linked. This ingredient is not included in the recipe nutrition data.

Amount Per Serving
Calories 162
Calories From Fat (47%) 76.75
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8.62g 13%
Saturated Fat 4.3g 22%
Cholesterol 28.06mg 9%
Sodium 124mg 5%
Potassium 19.95mg <1%
Total Carbohydrates 19.47g 6%
Fiber 0.32g 1%
Sugar 10.47g
Protein 1.77g 4%

Recipe Type: Cookies

No comments: