Monday, October 24, 2011

Well,  after a thunder and lightening storm that sped through last night, today was sunny, clear and beautiful.   One of those days that we remember why we live in Wisconsin.

I left at 6:30AM for Green Bay to take Dick's left prosthesis for completion.   My friend, Mary Steger, rode with me.   Isn't that great.   I had not been there before and we were leaving in the dark, so I was glad of a companion.  She is somewhat familiar with the Green Bay area also.     There was an accident just shy of the turnoff to Sheboygan Falls on 23, so we had to take a detour but still got up to Wisconsin Prosthesis at 8AM.   The man there asked what time I would be back tomorrow night and I told him that I would have to come Wednesday because I have appointments Tuesday afternoon.    He said that he can have it ready for me tomorrow by 10AM so I will go back up tomorrow to pick it up.   What a guy.    Dick will only be one full day without it.

We got back to Sheboygan Falls and stopped at the Mac Donalds there.   Mary called Bob to pick her up there  so I could get to bible study on time.    I bought us breakfast anyway.   I had not eaten and was starved.

Bible Study was great.   We only had 5 of us there but it got pretty lively.    We are still on Psalm 49 and learning a lot.    We will finish the Psalm 1 portion of this Little Rock Study in a couple of weeks.   Good thing we sent for the Psalm 2 workbooks.

Mom and I had a great visit.   We did not have much "business" so could really visit today.    I did have to set up her pill box.   She is such a pleasure to spend time with.

I got to Rocky Knoll just before noon, and caught Dick as he was finishing therapy.   SO I was able to tell him and Corrie, that I will be able to pick up his prosthesis tomorrow morning and have it there for tomorrow's therapy.   The minimum possible days without standing.    We have to keep working at that.   I say WE when it is really him, but it seems like we.

I came home about three and rested for  a while.   Shortly after 4PM, Neil from Steger Heating came to check the furnace.   He determined that the problem is the thermostat, so he replaced it.   I now have it set where the temperature should just maintain.

Now I am finishing up a couple of things for tomorrow's meetings, will watch Dancing With The Stars and get ready for bed.

Tomorrow is even busier than today so pray that my Guardian Angel keeps up.

God love you

Mary

No comments: