Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I have just been watching the evening news about the release and eventual killing of those wild cats and other animals in Ohio.   What  terrible tragedy.    Such a shame that there was no other solution other than the killing of the beasts.   I am sure glad that Jack Hanna came and has been able to explain that there was no other way without endangering human life.  His love for wildlife and the animals should quell the objectors.

There is always someone, though.   I remember being out on a jeep run in the dunes near the All American Canal.   We, the Orange County Four Wheelers, were a family club and always camped in a circle.   Children ran all over the place from camper to fire and just playing games.    A sidewinder was spotted in the circle and my ex husband got our his 357 Magnum.   As he was shooting, some strange woman, new to us, was yelling, not to kill it.  To catch it and take it out of camp.    Can you even imagine trying to "catch" a rattlesnake?   And what about all those little kids running around.

I went over to Rocky Knoll at 9AM because Dick had a project for me.   He had pulled the sleeve off of his new prosthesis and couldn't get it back on.   He was having trouble getting it stable so he could do it.   I managed to get it back on for him.   He had therapy at 11:00AM.   He got out of his chair and into bed and back out of bed and into the chair and into the bathroom, seated himself and got up again today.   He also did strengthening.     I hope he went down to therapy to use the pulleys this afternoon.    He will not be getting OT but they said that he can use the equipment.

I came home after lunch and took a nice nap.   Then I finished putting the exercise bike I ordered with bank points together and did some sewing.    I will be spending the evening doing CWI computer work.

Tomorrow I have nothing actually scheduled.   That is quite a miracle.    Hope you have a tranquil day also.

God love you

Mary

No comments: