Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It is getting dark so much earlier these days.    The seasons sure are predictable.   Soon we will go into daylight savings time and it will be darker even earlier.   I wonder if I can hold Roxie off until closer to 7AM in the morning when that happens.   I kind of doubt it as she was beating me with her little fist at about 5AM this morning and I don't feed her until 6AM.

Tim from Custom Care drove Dick and me to Aurora in Sheboygan for a consultation with Dr. Kream, the pulmonologist.  We waited what seemed forever.  The appointment was for 9:30, he did not come in until 10:30.  BUT - I, at least, was pleased with the appointment.   He came up with several things to do, such as more nebulizer regularly, making sure that his bed is ALWAYS at a 30degree angle and a stronger diuretic.

He believes that part of the problem is his heart.  There is no really BAD thing.  His heartbeat and function are good, BUT it is enlarged and there seems to be fluid around it.   So. Rocky Knoll will start the orders that Dr. Kream has sent and we will see him again in two weeks.  He will probably ask VNA to change his CPAP machine also.   Apparently they have come a long way since he got his.


I went grocery shopping right after we came back and ate lunch at home.   I got back to Rocky Knoll shortly after 2.  Dick was not feeling too well, but rallied shortly after 3:30 and we went down to On the Rocks and then he was able to do his PT for the day.    That is such a necessity in order to satisfy the Medicare requirements so that we can keep up the therapy.    Not feeling well does not seem like an excuse to be excused.

So, I came home at 5 and have been just puttering since then.  I did do a load of wash for Dick and I cleaned four drawers in my desk.   Just the two back bottom drawers left.

I need to get to bed early as I have a test scheduled for 9AM tomorrow.  Then at 11AM I have a dentist appointment.    I can't eat before the test, so breakfast may just be a dream tomorrow.

God love you

Mary

No comments: