Thursday, September 29, 2011

I slept until 7:30AM this morning as I went back to bed after I fed pesty Roxie and went sound asleep again.

I couldn't have anything to eat or drink before I went to Aurora for my CTScan.    This turned out to be much more eventful than I thought it would be.    I got there a bit before 9AM and started drinking the two bottles of Crystal Lite that are required before the scan.   The scan went well and then after checking to see if I was itching anywhere, I was dismissed and walked right over to the lunch area for a cappuchino and a donut.   This was about 10AM and I was starving and wanted to eat and be able to get my teeth scrubbed before going to my dentist appointment.

As I was eating, my back started to itch so I went back to the desk where the technician told me to come right in.  We checked my back and other spots that were by then also feeling itchy and sure enough I had hives.  So I drank a lot of water and sat around for about a half hour until we were sure it would not affect my breathing, then I drove out to Rocky Knoll to have lunch with Dick.

He was not having a good day today either, but I was still pretty shaky and after lunch found out what his problems were and we decided that I had better get home and heal myself and he would solve his problems there.  I picked up benadryl on the way home, took one right away and lay down for a nap.

I did not sleep very well but did rest and am no longer feeling shaky.   I cut out some fabric for a Christmas project that I am working on, so feel the day was somewhat  fruitful.

As it turns out there is nothing new in my CTScan, so I just have to put up with the discomfort.    However, Dr. Murthy has suggested going to a chiropractor for some relief from my joint and rib problems.  I have had good results with chiropractic help before so I have high hopes for that.

So was your day as goofy as mine?

God love you

Mary

No comments: