Friday, September 30, 2011

Hello World.

I am still tired but had a pretty good day overall.   I got up a bit before 7AM so I could be all ready when Jody got here at 8AM.   I washed the sheets and dried and folded the load that I did last night.   Jody helped me make the bed.   I always appreciate that.  So going to bed tonight will be really nice.  I love crawling between clean sheets.

Kept myself busy until an hour after Jody left, then started out for Rocky Knoll.  Got a bit of a late start because I got a phone call from the John Michael Kohler Art Center and had to check a couple of things out for them.   I dropped off some items at St. Vincent De Paul on my way.    Dick and I had lunch together.   He ate pretty well, I was encouraged.   Yesterday, he did not eat any lunch at all.  I brought my lunch.  I had boiled a tongue.   Some of you may think that is awful, but cold tongue sandwiches are a comfort food from my youth.   We did not have them often but they taste wonderful.   I will be bringing some to Mother tomorrow.   She will be very pleased.

Dick started his PT at about 1:30PM.   He was able to stand up and walk again.    We were very pleased as he is still very weak.   He needs to be able to get up on his feet and get his blood and body really moving.   We need to figure out a way to get him off of that damned bed pan.

I left again at about 3:30PM.   Got gas and dropped a package off at the post office and then got home in time to pick up the mail, check email and feed the cat before Nancy and Warren picked me up to go and shoot our pistol league.    My first two targets were pretty bad but I finally got it all together for the last one.   Icky.   It was nice being there.  Nancy and I are shooting first and then Nancy stays down with Warren while he shoots his targets so I have a chance to visit with my friends.   I enjoy shooting and miss the guys but will still not renew in January as the commitment is too much time away from Dick.

We got a message from Michelle today that Jim had surgery on his Achilles tendon today.   I don't know how it went but please everybody pray for him as he has been in so much pain from this condition.   I know that if anybody knows, Richard knows.   Hopefully, this will correct the problem

So tomorrow will be quiet during the day but I am going to an Irish event at Ebeneezer Church in Sheboygan at 7PM.   Ceol Cairde will be playing and there will be dancing.  Just a nice break.

God love you

Mary

No comments: