Monday, August 22, 2011

What a day!

I got up at 7AM and would have loved to sleep later, but had some Monday things to do.   I had decided not to go to Bible Study but still had to pick up something for Mother and had decided to spend some time with her this morning.   So I got to her house at about 8:30AM and we had our Monday morning visit.   I was able to update her on Dick and tell her about the Irish Fest day.

Then on to Sheboygan Memorial to see Dick.  When I got there, Dr. Phelan was in the room along with three other personnel, discussing his situation.   Dr. Phelan had determined that he was well enough to go back to Rocky Knoll.  So the morning was spent preparing for that.    Tim came to pick him up at 1PM and got him back safe and sound.    I had to stop at home to pick up a couple of things for him.   When I got there he was settled in bed and very exhausted.   I stayed til 2:30 then came home to be there when Mat from Home care resources came to estimate the cost of installing good hand grips in the bathtub so Dick can be safe getting in and out.   It will be a bit more than I had wished but they are guaranteed up to 800 lbs so I know that he will be fine.

Then I cooked up the fresh corn that Jeff had sent for me for supper.   I just got things cleaned up when Dick called.   He was concerned about being alone, so I went back to Rocky Knoll to be with him for a bit.

Now I am back and am very tired.  I intend to go to bed in about 10 minutes.   I have to get up by 7AM to finish up the trash but that will be OK.    I think I will really sleep soundly and Roxie will be very happy to have me settled in one spot.

So Until tomorrow.   God love you

Mary

No comments: