Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It did not get nearly as hot as they had predicted it would today and now there is quite a breeze out there, I think bringing in a cool front.   One of Dick's nurses said she thinks that Weather men and women have it made.   They get paid very well for being wrong a good percent of the time.

I went shopping at 8AM, as I like to because there are usually very few people in the store at that time.  It was a very easy shopping, I did not need much but decided to buy a rose plant for Dick's room. at Rocky Knoll.   He needs something cheerful now that the flowers from the Celtic Tea that I brought him are LONG gone.

When I got home, I spent the morning bookkeeping and preparing a couple things for sewing before going over to Rocky Knoll to be with Dick.   He was just finishing up his PT when I got there.    Codey put the prosthesis on his left leg as I had brought the stockings for lining it.   She worked on breaking down the scar tissue in his right leg today to.   Tomorrow he will try standing again.  

He is still very weak and his voice is soft. 

We had lunch together, then he had OT. for about 45 minutes.   At 3PM we went down  to On the Rocks for the cocktail hour.   He wanted to go but is oh so quiet.  Between his therapy and the cocktail hour, I was tired and took a nap.   I really miss my afternoon naps.

When I got home, I fixed a light supper and then Jeff stopped by on his way home to help me fix a couple of little things that were broken in the house.   I have such good family.  

I had a 6PM appointment for a haircut so that is done for 6 weeks now.  

A full day - again.

Tomorrow I am going over to a friend's house to pick marigold blossoms for what may just be may last batch of wine.

Have a good sleep.   Sleep refreshes.

God love you

Mary

No comments: