Thursday, August 25, 2011

It was a beautiful day.   The sun shone.   The humidity was not too high.

I left home this morning at about 8AM to visit my friends Lee and Janice.  They have Marigolds.   I picked two quarts of the blossoms this morning and froze them. When I get back from Oklahoma, I will start a batch of Marigold wine.   This may be my last batch of Marigold , which had become Dick's and my signature wine.   A delightful wine that is constantly good.   How poignant.

I did a bit of sewing on my quilting this morning.   It was nice to have an hour to do that.   Then at 11:30AM I went over to Rocky Knoll to be with Dick.   He was in the middle of PT.   I was there in time to see  him standing.  He managed to stay up for a bit over there minutes.   Simply spectacular as he has not stood for over a week.  

The we had lunch and I met his new table companion Carl, who seems quite nice.  

He had OT at 1:15PM.   Followed by a bit of PT to catch up on minutes.   Then we found out that he DID get scheduled for a hair cut this afternoon so we were guided to the beauty/barber shop and he got his hair and beard cut.  He feels much better now.   Our friend Rich stopped by after the cut and told him that he looks much younger with the shorter hair and beard.   Rich was asking what he could talk to Dick about to get him talking and I tried to explain that Dick doesn't talk a lot but what he says is a treasure to hear.
I told him about Dick and his friend taking the trip to Wyoming years ago and probably saying no more that three words a day to each other.   But they were content and happy with that.  I think Rich caught on when he stopped in this afternoon and just listened.  Rich is like me.  Full of talk and energy.   But we need people like Dick to just be and make us really Listen.   Rich knows that when Dick talks it is worth listening to.

Dick had a very busy day.  A bath this morning,  therapy, a hair cut and me.    WOW.

I got home at about 5PM to a Kitty that felt I was late.   She is happy now and will be until I leave again tomorrow.

Jim and Michele called.  So good to hear their voices.   I will see them when I am in Lawton next week.   Two of my boys together at once.  What a joy.

That is all for today.
\
Be Well and God love you

Mary




No comments: