Sunday, August 21, 2011

I had a lovely day today at Irish Fest.   I drove to my friend's (Joan and Dick) house at 7AM.  Then Joan, Dick, Dorothy Rose and I left for Milwaukee.

We got there close to 8:30AM, just in time for Joan and Dorothy to report to our friend Sheila as they were helping with the Mass.   Dick and I held down the seats for everybody in the Marcus Amphitheatre so that the "workers" would have a place to sit when their job was done.

Archbishop Listecki was the celebrant at the Mass and it was very nice.   He called himself O'Listecki  for the day and was "adopted" by we Irish.  The Ampitheatre was pretty packed.   It always amazes me how they so quickly and efficiently distribute communion to those crowds.

After Mass, I pretty much set out on my own.    I got breakfast.   Eggs and Irish Breakfast Sausages, then headed to the Irish Cultural Village intending to look around there until I could meet Mary Pat at about 1AM.   Then Jeff called.    They, Jeff, Kathy, Sara, Shane, Georgie and a friend Mary were all in the Snug, so I hiked back to there and visited with them, listening to the group, playing there until 12:30PM.   At that point, I went to the Hedge School and connected with Mary Pat.   She was rushing around trying to get her head centered for her lecture at 1PM and asked me to help her so I did.   We got a bit of visiting between crises and I met her husband, Martin.   He is delightful.  After the lecture, I helped her a bit until the rush of book buyers left and then went on my way to take in the ambience and to do my bit of shopping.   I stopped to say Hi to Dan Virks who organizes the Sing Along.   I couldn't really spend time there this time but just wanted to say HI to him.

During my shopping, I found Bob and Pat Becher so we visited for a little bit, then on the the north end of the park.  I picked up a great big diet Pepsi on the way as I was very thirsty.    I shopped at the north end of the Fest, finding a present for Christmas, A present for Mom and for me and cute little necklace as I forgot to wear my Cross this morning.

At about 3:30PM I walked over to the Tipperary Tea Room to have my Irish Coffee and buy a couple of scones for breakfast tomorrow and Tuesday.

The Walsh Sisters came walking by and joined me.   Rosemary and I went to the Parade Starting place at 4PM to walk with our Celtic Sisters and the banner.  It was a great parade.   I saw Jeff and family, Bobbie and Bill, my friend Bob and got a hug from a man I never saw before in my life.   

After the parade,  the four of us had supper and then headed home.

I am very tired,  a good tired, walking at the beautiful Festival Park with all the great music and people around me refreshed me.  I will sleep well.   I did stop at the hospital on the way home to see how Dick is doing.   He is still very weak and we should have answers tomorrow.   Dr. Phelan will be the hospitalist tomorrow.   This makes us very happy though Dr. Mirza is very very nice and thorough.

So.   Until tomorrow.   God bless you.

Mary

No comments: