Sunday, May 29, 2011

Today was totally quiet.   I did take a nice walk this morning.   We had a spattering of rain this afternoon but it was pleasant most of the day.

I mainly just puttered.   What a pleasure to be able to do that for a whole weekend.

I am working on the publicity for our next Sheboygan County CWI meeting.   We are going to co host Bloomsday with 52 Stafford.    Bloomsday, the honoring of James Joyce's Ulysses, is actually June 16 and there are big celebrations all over the world.   It started in Dublin in 1954 and has spread.   New York and Spokane also have celebrations and Australia has taken up the flag.

We are fudging a bit.    As 52 Stafford has a well attended Craic on Wednesday nights, which this year is June 15TH.   We are going to celebrate Bloomsday EVE and get a jump on the rest of the world.   If we get any response, we will adjust accordingly.  Should be fun.  Music, Drink, Irish food and readings.   I am working to plan them so that everybody gets an idea of the celebration but is not subjected to a full reading of Ulysses.  I, myself, have managed to struggle through the first chapter.

So that is the day.  We got the Dick's bath and his wounds dressings changed, so I feel very good.  He even got a bit of sleep this morning, from 8:30 to 12:30PM.    He is still sleepy. 

We just had leftovers to eat today so all I had to do was heat things up.   Such a deal.   I am frying out brats and teryaki chicken tomorrow if anybody wants to join us.   I can even come up with vegetarian if it becomes necessary.   Come on down.

God love you

Mary

No comments: