Friday, June 03, 2011

I will not dwell on today.   Or maybe I will.

I left to pick him up from Memorial Hospital shortly after 8AM.   We left the hospital at about 10 AM with a prescription for pain medicine, a surgical shoe and good wishes.

When we stopped to pick up the prescription on the way home, we discovered that (as this is the Vicodin prescription )and we got it refilled on May 28, it would not be covered by insurance.   I had all the prescriptions that the hospital had taken from us  and were dispensing to Dick while he was there, stating that this was much cheaper than taking them from their stuff.  Lo and behold, there was no vial of Vicadin.  We went home thinking that possible we had not brought it to the hospital but it was not at home.  So I called the hospital and Lo and behold again.   They had it in their safe.  Apparently.   Narcotics have to be locked up and an error was made in the notification of the nurses on the 4th floor that this was down in the safe and they sent us off without our meds.
Needless to say I am Pissed.   I had to drive back to the hospital to pick up the mends.   Then when I got home, Dick was going to the bathroom without me there to help and fell. 

I called my neighbor to help but we needed more bodies and had to call 911.   They are wonderful.  They got him up and back in his chair.    He is safe and sound.   There seems to have been no damage to the foot.  I left a message with Dr.  Fehrman's office and have talked to his nurse.  We have an appointment for Monday at 4PM.  So I have the weekend to be a really bossy Mother Hen.

Pray for me.   I am not doing as well as I would like too.   I try to operate on the premise of the Duck.    Appear serene and unruffled on the surface and paddle like hell below the surface.  But today I am losing it.

Pray for me AND Dick

God love you

Mary

No comments: