Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Sorry I forgot to post last night but it was a rather busy day and there are a lot of things to do to get ready for tomorrow.

Yesterday, Bobbie came in the afternoon to help take Dick to Wisconsin Prosthesis, so Tim could cast him for the new prosthesis that he is preparing.    With the new one, that will fit better, as the stump has shrunk over time, we should be able to clear up the rash and tender spots that keep appearing at the top of and right under the sleeve.

We also heard from the hospital for his history and lots of questions.   We ended up being aware that the fact that when he stops taking the Warfarin had not been addressed.   After calling Dr. Fehrman's office who asked why Dr. Sharon had not addressed it.   We finally got hold of Sue in the anti coagulation department.   He stopped taking it yesterday, of course, but we had to go to the Plymouth Anti Coagulation Clinic to make sure that he was not soaring, which would have meant that the surgery would have to be postponed or drastic measures taken to be sure that he didn't bleed to death.   He was right where he is supposed to be normally.   They prefer it a bit lower for surgery but this will be OK.

I went shopping this morning.   Took Dick to the Clinic at 11AM.   Mike from Accessability, the motorized chair place, came and adjusted the foot rest and arms for us and told us what tools we need and how to do it.   He will come whenever we need help though.   He saw the Celtic Knot that I am working on and commented on it.   He has a tattoo of Celtic Knots and other designs on his arm.  He is a member of the Tribe of the Blue Rose.   A Scottish reenactment group.   They will be at the Highland Games over Labor Day.    You can search Tribe of the Blue Rose and find out about them.

After he left, I left for Mom's.   I decided that since it is unlikely that I will be able to get there until late next week at the earliest, I had better be sure that all her bills were up to date and the checkbook in good order and we needed a visit.    Jeff was there too so I got to visit with him too.   I told him about the two tomato plants that broke when I took them out of the box and felt better when he told me that he broke a couple too.  They for some reason got all leggy too fast.

Home again, we got Dick's bandages and leggings all changed and gave him his bath.    Now we are just waiting for tomorrow.

The hospital called this morning.  His surgery is scheduled for 8:30AM and we have to have him there at 7AM.   Remember to pray for him tomorrow.   At this point I plan on coming home to sleep tomorrow night and will update you then.

AS I have to get up at 5:30AM,  I will be going to bed early.  So that is all for tonight.   Hope this isn't too rambling.   My mind is rambling you know.

God love you

Mary

1 comment:

MommaMeg said...

Our prayers are with you BOTH, and we're confident that God is holding you both in his loving hands. I'll be watching and waiting to see how things went, but please, let us know whenever you're able. We love you both so much, and we're with you in spirit, if not in body.

Leslie & Bill