Tuesday, March 08, 2011

What a good day.   Very laid back.    I only left the house twice.  Once to take out the garbage and take mail to the mailbox and once to pick up the mail.

I heard my first cardinal of the spring singing in the trees in back of the house.   I am sure he has probably been there sooner, but without my Chelsea to take me for walks, I do not get out like I used to.   I really miss her and she was such a good girl to keep me healthy all those years.   Every time I cut up a tomato or shred lettuce, I look around for her.

We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and veggies for lunch.  Boy was that good chicken I breaded it in corn muffin mix and ranch dressing mix and fried it in just a bit of Olive oil.  We had Pizza soup for supper.  

Dick got me a tin of a Guinness bread mix that I decided to prepare today.   It is just marvelous.   Now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of the Guinness.

We changed Dick's tuba grip today and his leg looks just super.  Not a wound in sight.  I hope this salve that the VNA recommended continues to heal the leg as it seems to be doing.  I was developed by a man with diabetes and he says it has prevented wounds on his leg for years.    Too bad we didn't have it sooner.

Tonight I am going to sit here at my desk and go through some of my fabric scraps.   That is a constant battle.

Bless you all.   Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday already.   We are supposed to be getting a rain snow mix over the next 12 hours or so.   Hope it doesn't cause any troubles.

Love

Mary

No comments: