Monday, March 07, 2011

There were just four of us at Bible Study this morning and we had such a meaningful sharing of the Psalm 145.   We loved the commentary - I referred both the the masculine and the feminine sides of God.  This Psalm is an Acrostic and I was able to explain that type of poem to the group, though as this is a translation, we cannot really see the full implications of how it would have looked or sounded in Hebrew.  The Acrostic was the Hebrew alphabet.    That would be a real treat. 

An acrostic is a poem that, as an example, might have the first letter of each line spell the title of the poem.



DREAM
 
Don't be afraid
Run with your dream
Every singing JOY
And if you sign loudly enough
Maybe someone will hear.

Then I went over to visit with Mother.   We had a few bills to pay and then solved the problems of the world as we usually do.  

Dick and I had the last of the Enchiladas for our lunch with a nice salad.   Then I finished my tea and rested for a bit.

I did a bit of CWI work both on computer and phone calls.  I will be having breakfast with Bob Fleming at the Point on Thursday.    Should be fun.  I will be collecting a print of his St. Patrick to send to the Brigitine Nuns in Kildare.  Sr. Mary asked for one when I described it to her. 

Tomorrow I get to be home ALL day.  I will be busy with getting ready for the CWI Conference, Sorting fabric and preparing for the CWI board meeting.

So Until tomorrow then.   We are supposed to get precipitation tomorrow night, I am not quite sure what kind as I keep hearing conflicting reports.

God love you

Mary

No comments: