Friday, March 11, 2011

Well, I had to get up at about 6:30AM this morning so that I could shower and be dressed before Jody came to clean at 8AM.    Of course, Roxie was  a pest from 5 until 6 when I fed her.   But I do like going back for that extra half hour after I feed her.  Then when I get up the coffee I turn on while I take care of her is all ready too.

We got Dick's bath accomplished this morning too.  So, tomorrow when I go to the Writer's Conference in Kewaskum, I won't have to worry about him.    I am leaving him breakfast and lunch and will be home in time to fix our dinner.    The conference is over at 3PM and I will  be back in Plymouth in time to go to the 4PM Mass, then I will be home for the rest of the weekend.

I joined Ceil and Barb at the Dairy Queen for lunch.   They have the best grilled cheese sandwiches which works great for lent.  Ceil shared some stories of her trip to the Panama Canal with Betty.   They got back just about the time I was in Ireland so we had not seen each other for probably 6 weeks.   As Ceil said, soon we will have to wear name tags.   On the way home, I stopped at Walgreens and then went to the post office to mail Bob Flemings print of St. Patrick to Sr. Mary and Sr. Rita at the Solas Brede in Kildare.

Home again, I took a nap.   Boy was I tired and tonight was the bust up party at Rhine.  They had ham and cheese sandwiches and salads.  I just had a half a cheese sandwich because it is Friday in Lent.   Good bread and cheese and I am happy with that.   Boy were there good desserts.  Then, before Jim announced the winners of the leagues, I shared the peace and justice flame with the guys and gals who were in attendance along with the story of the flame and the Brigid poem.    They all seemed to be pleased with my offering and some even took a candle home with them.  

Nancy and I had a lovely evening visiting with all of our fellow shooters and planning for better shooting in the next league which starts next Friday.

I picked up the first St. John the Baptist Fish Fry for Dick for his supper tonight.    Next week I have to work at Rhine, but plan on doing the same thing.   But I will get one for myself too.

Remember to take care of your self.

Love

Mary

No comments: